sendmail.cf problems under Ultrix 3.0

Ross Parker parker at zaphod.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Sep 28 04:18:17 AEST 1989

I had the same problem with sendmail.cf. The file that I had working
just fine under Ultrix 2.x broke miserably under Ultrix 3.0. I ended
up calling DEC 'support' (if it can properly be called that...) and
was told 'we don't support non-standard sendmail config files'.

Well, come on, guys. I'm not asking you to debug my config files, all
I ask is that you don't piss around with things that worked just fine,
forcing me to put in hours of work reinventing the wheel. How many sites
out there are actually running the DEC standard config file??? How many
actually got broken by this change?

Peeved,