Make and SCCS on PMAX - problems?

Anders Thulin ath at luna.prosys.se
Fri Sep 22 19:57:35 AEST 1989

In article <475 at luna.prosys.se> I wrote:

> [ ... help - SCCS & Make does not seem to work well together ... ]

My thanks to those who replied. For those who wonder what the problem
was:

It seems I made the mistake of assuming that make (and s5make) knows
about ./SCCS directores, and that the default rules on .c~.c would
check the SCCS directory automatically.

Not so.  The SCCS rules work *only* if the relevant SCCS file is
present in the current directory. As I have been using the sccs
front-end, which uses the ./SCCS directory (unless you set
PROJECTDIR), make couldn't find s. files.

Adding the rule:

	$(CFILES):
		sccs get $@

to the makefile seems to do the trick. This, however, bypasses the
SCCS rules entirely.

--
Anders Thulin, Programsystem AB, Teknikringen 2A, S-583 30 Linkoping, Sweden
ath at prosys.se   {uunet,mcvax}!sunic!prosys!ath