Kermit file transfers

Ross Parker parker at eric.mpr.ca
Tue Sep 5 05:11:47 AEST 1989

In article <11940 at uhnix1.uh.edu> rr at csuna.UUCP (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
>Has anyone got c-kermit running on a DecStation 3100, and been able to send
>very large files from a PC connected to a DecServer port? Or even a Mac on
>the DecServer line. I've been struggling with it for a while now. I'm able
>to send to my VMS machine without any trouble, but the RISC/ULTRIX combination
>keeps getting timed out. I used the kermit from Columbia, and did a
>'make bsd' to get my executables.
>
> -- Ravi.

There is a problem with Ultrix versions 3.0 and 3.1 that causes large
data transfers through DECservers to fail. This was discussed in this
newsgroup a month or so ago... unfortunately I don't have a copy of the
articles. To my knowledge, DEC has still not come out with a fix for the
problem. Has anyone heard differently? What is the current status of
the bug?

--
Ross Parker      uunet!ubc-cs!mpre!parker       |
Microtel Pacific Research Ltd.			| You can't erase the dream,