sendmail.cf problems under Ultrix 3.0

Mike Bryan mjb at acd4.UUCP
Thu Sep 28 23:07:35 AEST 1989

In article <1814 at eric.mpr.ca> parker at zaphod.Berkeley.EDU (Ross Parker) writes:

>Well, come on, guys. I'm not asking you to debug my config files, all
>I ask is that you don't piss around with things that worked just fine,
>forcing me to put in hours of work reinventing the wheel. How many sites
>out there are actually running the DEC standard config file??? How many
>actually got broken by this change?

Fortunately (?), we were running the standard sendmail.cf until just
recently on all our machines.  When I finally got approval to connect
us to the network, I had to start changing things around.  We have a
mixture of 2.3 and 3.0 systems here.  Our gateway is running 3.0.  I
modified the 3.0 .cf file to meet our needs, and then I modified it
just a little more for our non-gateway systems.

Currently, I'm running the same sendmail.cf on all machines, with just
a couple of differences on the gateway machine.  Either 2.3 will run
3.0 configurations (backwards compatible only?), or I'm fortunate
enough to not be utilizing any of the changed functionality portions.
Any info available on just what exactly changed between 2.3 and 3.0?

--
Mike Bryan, Applied Computing Devices, 100 N Campus Dr, Terre Haute IN 47802
Phone: 812/232-6051  FAX: 812/231-5280  Home: 812/232-0815
UUCP: uunet!acd4!mjb  ARPA: mjb%acd4 at uunet.uu.net
"Did you make mankind after we made you?" --- XTC, "Dear God"