Preen with NFS?

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Mon Sep 4 01:50:13 AEST 1989

In article <66554 at linus.UUCP> dsg at mbunix.mitre.org (Goldberg) writes:

> We are planning to upgrade our 8600 from Ultrix 2.3 to 3.1 in the very
> near future.  Since version 1.2 we have been using Chris Torek's preen
> program to make fsck's run faster.

I'm not familiar with this preen program, but I owuld point out that DEC has
improved the "fsck -p" option so that it doesn't bother with filesystems
that are "clean" or haven't been modified since last unmounted.  This lets
you do a planned shutdown/startup quickly, though after a crash, it's still
going to take a while...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net