DECstation 2100/3100

Matt Thomas thomas at mipsbx.nac.dec.com
Tue Sep 19 01:12:59 AEST 1989

> I read in an article in the September MIPS Magazine about the DECstation
> 3100 and 2100. My first questions is that they stated that it was running
> Sys V Unix, Did the the mean ULTRIX?

Yes.

> They also stated that it would outperform most 33 MHZ 386 machines running
> Xenix, What kind of degradation ( if any ) would I see if I ran it under
> VMS.

The DS3100/DS2100 are *not* VAX systems.  They are use the R2000A from
MIPS and so
they do not run VMS.  (would that be total degradation?)

Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas at decwrl.dec.com
DECnet-Ultrix Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.