UUCP over TCP/IP in Ultrix

Paul A Vixie vixie at decwrl.dec.com
Sat Apr 14 04:55:28 AEST 1990

Ultrix 3.X doesn't have UUCP-over-TCP support.  I don't believe that 4.0
has it, either.

What I run on DECWRL is essentially Rick Adams' 4.3BSD UUCP.  The port
took a few hours, mostly the TERMIO vs. USG stuff.  There is a (small)
chance that the 4.4BSD UUCP will compile and run on Ultrix; it depends
on me getting time to integrate my changes into Rick's latest version,
and on Rick's willingness to put things in that are only needed on one
vendor's version of U*X.  None of this is useful unless you can get the
4BSD sources, of course.

I suggest telling your salescritters that you want this and that you
will probably buy a competitor's hardware just to get it.  This could
give the Ultrix Engineering people the impetus and resources they need
to put some effort into UUCP.
--
Paul Vixie
DEC Western Research Lab	<vixie at decwrl.dec.com>