License Management Facility (LMF)

Doug Mohney sysmgr at KING.ENG.UMD.EDU
Wed Apr 11 03:32:32 AEST 1990

In article <54695 at bbn.COM>, fkittred at bbn.com (Fletcher Kittredge) writes:
>>Any other UNIX operating system (Sun OS, Berkie, AT&T, AIX) doesn't do this
>>LMF stuff. Do they? Nope. Only Digital.

I was referring to Digital.

If you purchase a Sun box, you get SunOS with an unlimited number of users.
If you purchase a DEC box, you get ULTRIX with a two user license. If you
want more than two users/windows at a time, you have to pay to upgrade
to 4, 8, and so forth.

In the VMS world, I've yet to install a software product on our cluster
which users LMF  other than Digital's products.