Dual-Porting under ULTRIX?

Ted Lemon mellon at fenris.pa.dec.com
Thu Apr 12 13:52:26 AEST 1990

Assuming that you're running Ultrix 3.1, you should be able to hook
your RA81s up to both machines, as long as you make sure that only one
machine tries to mount them at a time.   This means that you shouldn't
reference any file systems in both of the fstab files, of course.

>From a mechanical standpoint, just hook up the "A" port of each RA81
to the controller on one VAX, and hook up the "B" ports to the other
VAX.

This will probably also work under previous versions of the operating
system, but I haven't tried it, and I suppose the device driver could
be hosed, so experiment at your own risk.

			       _MelloN_