questions about new DEC Workstations

Ted Lemon mellon at fenris.pa.dec.com
Sat Apr 7 10:21:52 AEST 1990

Somebody said that the DEC{system,station} 5000 (which you may also
hear referred to as the 3max by some DEC employees) would be shipping
with Ultrix 4.0.   This is not the case - Ultrix 4.0 is not yet
shipping.   If you get a DECstation 5000 in the near future, it will
come with Ultrix 3.1D, which is a child release following in the
footsteps of the 3.1C release for the DECstation 5400.

It is my understanding that the first 3maxes were scheduled to ship
the day of the announcement, although consulting with your salesbeing
would be a good plan - I'm just a lowly systems wizard, and know
nothing of the ways of salespeople.

			       _MelloN_