Frequent interrupts under Ultrix 4.0

Chris Siebenmann cks at hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Wed Aug 15 16:43:10 AEST 1990

 The colour DECStation 5000 I just upgraded to Ultrix 4.0 is now
getting about 280 interrupts a second even when it's totally idle.
Quite frankly, I'd like the 10% of the CPU that they're eating up
back. Unfortunately I have no idea what is causing them; they happen
even when I boot the machine single-user.

 Has anyone else seen this behavior? Has anyone managed to work out
why it happens and/or how to stop it?

 Thanks in advance.

[*Sigh. New OS versions. I won't even mention how the multiuser boot
 sequence seems to start out on Wed Dec 31 19:00:02 EST 1969 about
 half the time.]
--
		 "You don't *run* programs on Ultrix." - Mark Moraes
		 "Right, you chase them." - Rayan Zachariassen