MOTIF

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Tue Aug 28 00:19:58 AEST 1990

OSF/Motif is available NOW from Digital on ULTRIX and VMS.  Digital
will (is doing it now) migrate all DECwindows-based out-of-the-box
applications to a Motif look and feel.  Motif and the mwm will be
the standard, supported, user and application program interface on
our platforms.  Motif from Digital today comes with tools to help migrate
source code from DECwindows to Motif.

Digital is not tossing out DECwindows, merely modifying it.  You may recall
that a large percentage of Motif is based on DECwindows technology (the
application program interface and the user interface language, for example).

I am not a Product Manager or a Project Manager for this, but I suspect
that you will hear from one such person soon (hint, hint, hello
Palo Alto.... :-) ).

Fred