Where is RISC ULTRIX 4.0?

Michael Almond mra at srchtec.UUCP
Thu Aug 30 23:47:17 AEST 1990

In article <3424 at usceast.UUCP> phil at usceast.cs.scarolina.edu (Phil Moore) writes:

>The DEC 5000 server finally arrived today (28 Aug) with ULTRIX 3.1D/ UWS 2.2D
>tapes. Why not ULTRIX 4.0? The local DEC office said that documentation
>was pending for 4.0 and it is due for release Oct 1.
>
>We have been waiting patiently for 4.0 for our 3100. We'd like to
>do a clean install on the 3100's, 20 dec2100's and the server.
>
>I know RISC ULTRIX/UWS 4.0 is out there. How and when do we get it?

We got our DECsystem 3100 and 6 DECstation 2100's about 4 months ago with
Utlrix 3.1D and UWS 2.2D.  We received Ultrix 4.0/UWS 4.0 _with manuals_
over a period covering the end of last week (it came in in bits and pieces).

I was pretty pleased with the manuals, they finally got rid of those odd sized
binders.

---
Michael R. Almond                                 mra at srchtec.uucp
search technology, inc.                           gatech.edu!stiatl!srchtec!mra
Atlanta, Georgia                                  (404) 441-1457