third party memorty for dec station 5000 and decsystem 5400

jjw at uihepa.hep.uiuc.edu jjw at uihepa.hep.uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 1 02:47:50 AEST 1990

In article <3044 at canisius.UUCP>, pavlov at canisius.UUCP (Greg Pavlov) writes:
>In article <945 at uncw.UUCP>, sanghvi at uncw.UUCP (arun sanghvi) writes:
>>
>> I like to know if someone has installed  third party memory  on
>> decsystem 5000 and/or decsystem 5400.  I am looking at the vendor
>> "standard Memory".  Any input will be appreciated.
>>
>   Not yet, but about to.  Camintonn and Clearpoint both have 8 and 32 MB
>   modules for the 5000.  Camintonn appears to be the cheaper of the two
>   at the moment, but this may change by sunset.....

We have used  Standard  memories in the past and have had no problems, but we
have no DS5000 experience.  I have just been taking telephone quotes for 8mb
boards for DS5000s, and Standard's $695 quote astounded all the others.
Clearpoint was quite a bit highter. Second place went to DataRam at $950. Where
is Camintonn coming in?

                       Depressed budgets want to know....