VAXstation 2000 and Ultrix 4.1

Brian V O'Neill oneill at bass.bu.edu
Sat Dec 29 11:01:06 AEST 1990

In article <2189 at shodha.enet.dec.com> alan at shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) writes:
#In article <71323 at bu.edu.bu.edu}, oneill at bass.bu.edu (Brian V O'Neill) writes:
#} Has anyone been sucessful in getting a diskless 2000 running Ultrix 4.1? I
#} get as far as building a kernel, but it dies after loading its own kernel and
#} before it checks devices.
#
#	Please describe in as much detail as reasonably possible what
#	"dies" is.  Does it hang?  Does it panic?  Does it halt?
#
#	How much memory does it have?
#
#Alan Rollow				alan at nabeth.enet.dec.com

OK, a little more clarification. The 2000s are diskless and have 6Mb of
memory. It boots the generic kernel fine, so it doesn't seem to be a memory
constraint problem, but then again genvmunix may be too stupid to quit. When
the built kernel is loaded, it starts off normally, gives the processor type
(KA410 I believe), then panics. It doesn't manage to search for devices.

Brian O'Neill - Local Internet Access Account
Internet: oneill at bu-pub.bu.edu
UUCP    : ...!bu.edu!bu-pub!oneill