GDB under Ultrix 4.0 (mips)

Bob DeBula bobd at magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 4 07:56:54 AEST 1990

Since ADB is missing from Ultrix 4.0 [various nasty commentaries
about *THIS* decision deleted for the sake of brevity] has anyone
been able to port a working GDB over to a 5000 series DEC
(a 5400 in our case).  I'd be very interested in finding out
what you needed to do or better yet be able to FTP a copy.
I tried the 3100 verison out on "gatekeeper.dec.com", but it
dies most horribly after I get it compiled and try to
use it on the 5400 (I applied all the "mips" diffs).
Any ideas???