perl on DECstation, Ultrix 4.1

Johan Vromans jv at mh.nl
Mon Dec 10 22:31:11 AEST 1990

In article <RUSTY.90Dec9105756 at belch.Berkeley.EDU> rusty at belch.Berkeley.EDU (Rusty Wright) writes:

   What's the trick to get perl (patch level 41) to compile under Ultrix
   4.1 on a DECstation with optimization?  I thought I remembered someone
   saying that you had to use 1 for VOIDFLAGS and I'm doing that, but
   it's still failing tests op.eval and op.s.

If you are using the standard C-compiler: don't optimize.  If you are
using gcc (OSF version 1.9.2.13): no problems should occur except for
a few compilation warnings.

	Johan