Major LPD problems.

Bill Roth bill at pslu1.psl.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 15 02:38:46 AEST 1990

I'm have trouble with the prinert deamon, lpd. I've got 4 printers of
various types, all on a LAT terminal server. Seemingly randomly, when I
print to any of the printers, I get the following message in my
printer err log:

/usr/lib/lpd: psl_draft: cannot open /dev/tty15: Socket is already connected

It happens for ALL my printers. The printcap for the above printer, a humble
LN03 is:

# draft room printer
psl_draft|lp|lppsl_draft|psl_draft|psl1:\
	:af=/usr/adm/draft_acct:\
	:br#19200:\
	:ct=lat:\
	:db#1:\
	:dn=/usr/lib/lpd:\
	:fc#0177777:\
	:fs#03:\
	:if=/usr/lib/lpdfilters/ln03of:\
	:lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:\
	:lp=/dev/tty15:\
	:mx#0:\
	:of=/usr/lib/lpdfilters/ln03of:\
	:op=PORT_8:\
	:pl#66:\
	:pw#80:\
	:sd=/usr/spool/lpdpsl_draft:\
	:ts=TSVR2:\
	:uv=psv1.0:\
	:xc#0177777:\
	:xs#044000:

This is really annoying, and to top it all off there is next to no
documentation on trouble shooting these problems.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?