DECStation-to-IBM Connectivity

Stuart Cohnen STRCC at CUNYVM
Sat Dec 1 01:37:22 AEST 1990

Does anyone have experience with I/O Concepts, Inc. of Seattle, WA (USA)
and their product IOC3270_D I/O adapater?

For those interested, this is a black box called "Mustang" that allows
a Decstation to communicate, via the SCSI port to an IBM via the usual
coax line.  On the DS you open a window which vies you 3279 Color Emulation.

Two versions are available --single window (1 session) and a 5 session model
which allows for usage across the network in a client/server mode.

If you have experience with one of these units, please drop me a line.
I have asked for a demo model.  Price -- ~$1700 including cables, manual
and distribution tape... quantity discounts etc...

I'll pass along any information, if so requested. Thanks...

Stuart Cohnen  --BASENET Operations          STRCC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
The City College of New York                 STRCC at CUNYVM.BITNET

-"If you're so smart, how come you're not rich?"