dump on a TLZ04...

leuthold at atmo1.atmo.arizona.edu leuthold at atmo1.atmo.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 7 04:26:59 AEST 1990

	Is it possible to do multiple filesystem dumps to a single tape?
I tried to do two.  The first I used the /dev/nrmt0h device so the tape
would not rewind.  Then I dumped the second filesystem.  Now I can't seem
to look at the second dump.  If there isn't a way to do mutiple dumps on a
tape, it seems a waste to use a tape for each filesystem.  (Also, I'm screwed
because I messed up my /usr.  Since I am a new Ultrix user, this may be a
trivial question.
	I'm also in the process of adding clients to the server.  As I under-
stand the docs, I must reload Ultrix again onto a different file partition
for use by the clients.  This also seems like a waste of disk space.  A VMS
LAVC shares all the OS files and only creates small directories for system
parameters.  Maybe this is also true for Ultrix and I just don't understand
things yet.  I'm using Ultrix 4.0 on a DS5000 serving (hopefully) 3 DS2100's.
Thanks for any light you can shed in this dark and damp hole I'm stuck in.

Mike Leuthold
University of Arizona, Atmospheric Sciences
leuthold at atmo1.atmo.arizona.edu