Size of the X server process growing uncontrollably!

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Sat Feb 24 04:17:23 AEST 1990

In article <8594 at shlump.nac.dec.com> michaud at decvax.dec.com (Jeff Michaud) writes:

>> >	(I also prefer using awk '{print $1}' instead of the colrm's, but

>> Ac-shully, you might want to use:  awk '{print $2}'.
>
>	Ac-shully I missed the "u" option you gave to ps.  Why bother
>	having ps waste time doing getpwuid's, just use "ps ax" :-))).

Ack.  Touche'.  My only excuse is "cruft."  You need the -u in order
to see that the X server has bloated, though not to kill it.  That
one-liner, of course, was built up from the command used to see
the problem.

				--Blair
				  "I go fix."