RISC Ultrix 3.1 NFS bug(?)

Mike Iglesias iglesias at orion.oac.uci.edu
Sat Feb 24 09:26:53 AEST 1990

We just found out that there is a known Sun NFS bug (ref # 1014577)
for SunOS 4.0.  Here's the info we have:

Synopsis: NFS mounted files occasionally get garbage/nulls written to them.

Occasionally when writing to NFS mounted files, parts of a file are replaced
exactly (no insertions or deletions) with garbage, usually nulls.  This can
span several appens to the file by distinct processes running minutes apart.

Does that sound like the problem you're having?  We've seen the results
of this bug, but have no idea (until now) how to cause it.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine