Setting up LAT printers on DS3100... help...

HAL at cc.usu.edu HAL at cc.usu.edu
Wed Feb 14 03:01:01 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb9.034955.28337 at hellgate.utah.edu>, bob at cs.utah.edu (Bob Wheeler) writes:
> Has anyone tried to do reverse LAT from a DECstation 3100
> to set up a printer? We have a Datability terminal server that
> we have used to set up printers for a VMS node and we would
> like to add another printer for the ULTRIX node.

We had the same problem with the Datability terminal server.  Printing
or copying from VMS worked just fine but not from Ultrix.  Our solution
was to get a ROM upgrade from the Datability folks.  The terminal server
needs to be at rev level 2.72 or better if memory serves me correctly.
In any event call the Datability people they can set you straight.  If
you need help with lcp or printcap let me know.

hal

DECnet:	  usu::hal, usumua::hal
Internet: hal at cc.usu.edu, hal at mua.usu.edu
phone:	  (801)750-2380