Questions about getting VMS DEC Windows to talk tcp/ip.

Jeff Michaud michaud at decvax.dec.com
Fri Feb 23 15:50:39 AEST 1990

> > The DECnet object for display number # on the machine your X server is
> > running on is actually X$X# and not X#, as said in the documentation.
> 	Ah, yup.  At the time I wrote the program it was correct, but
> 	MIT changed to X$Xn afterwards.  It's correct for an X10
> 	DECnet<=>TCP gateway however :-))))).

	To correct myself (before someone else does :-), only Xn is
	correct for the DECnet object name for a X10 DECnet<=>TCP
	gateway.  The tcp port numbers for X10 would then be
	5000+n (vs. 6000+n for X11).

	Then again, does it matter?  Who's running X10 with DECnet
	only transport on one system and needs to gateway to an X10
	with tcp transport only?  Who's even running X10 at all? :-)))

|Jeff Michaud    michaud at decwrl.dec.com  michaud at decvax.dec.com|
|DECnet-ULTRIX   #include <standard/disclaimer.h>              |