Logging dlogin session to VMS

Matt Thomas thomas at mipsbx.nac.dec.com
Fri Jan 5 13:21:12 AEST 1990

In article <1995 at eric.mpr.ca>, murphy at eric.mpr.ca (Gail Murphy) writes:
> I would like to connect to a VMS machine from an Ultrix workstation
> and log the session. I know "dlogin -l " will accomplish this
> but the log file does not seem to be written until the remote
> session is closed.  Is there a way to accomplish this with the
> log file immediately visible on the Ultrix side?

Not currently.

I could change dlogin to set the logfile to be unbuffered but that
would be at the cost of slowing down dlogin.  Or maybe fflush the
logfile once dlogin has been idle for 30secs or so.  (which would
be easy to tie into the select call).  And/or when you escape to the
dlogin command menu?  Any other ideas?
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas at decwrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.