Are host-to-host LAT connections via /dev/ possible?

Matt Thomas thomas at mipsbx.nac.dec.com
Sun Jul 15 04:54:49 AEST 1990

> Is there some way I can use "lcp -h" to point a LAT terminal in /dev/
> at another LAT terminal in /dev/ on another machine, instead of pointing
> it at a LAT terminal server port?  I'm not sure why I'd want to do this,
> but I can't think why it shouldn't work.

I can.  ULTRIX is only a slave implementation of LAT.  A LAT system that
responds to host initiated connections is a master implementation.

In summary, you can't do it.
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas at wrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.