Retrieving per-process info on DS3100

pjy100 at csc.anu.oz pjy100 at csc.anu.oz
Fri Jul 13 21:49:05 AEST 1990

Can anyone help ????

I wish to obtain information about every process currently on the system
from the two data structures "proc" and "user" (see /usr/include/sys/proc.h
& /usr/include/sys/user.h) from within a "c" program, but I cannot find a
system call that will retrieve this information from the system tables.
How can this be done? (pstat & ps must use the method I require). SunOS
provides the calls "kvm_nextproc" & "kvm_getu" for doing what I need, is there
an equivalent method for Ultrix 3.1 on a DS3100.

Peter Young (systems prog. Mt Stromlo Observatory)