ultrix 4.0 stability

Ted Lemon mellon at fenris.pa.dec.com
Fri Jul 27 07:07:07 AEST 1990

Actually, 4.0 does have ndbm.   It's in /usr/lib/libc.a, though, so
all those utilities that try to load it from /usr/lib/libndbm.a report
that it isn't there.   Sigh.

BTW, I've been running 4.0 for about four months now.   The only
flakiness I've seen in the recent releases has been in the new
graphics drivers, which were still under development last time I tried
them out.   Last time I tried them out was several months ago - I hear
that they're production quality now.

I can't think of a good reason not to install 4.0 on a new machine.

			       _MelloN_