emacs or csh problem?

Laurie Zirkle lat at creatures.cs.vt.edu
Fri Jul 27 22:49:07 AEST 1990

In article <27522 at netnews.upenn.edu> hagan at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (John Dotts Hagan) writes:

>OK - I could use some help from you, the people, who use DECstations.
>
>You are running in /bin/csh like normal, and try and start an application (like
>the gnu emacs Digital distributes an unsupported subset):
>
>% emacs
>Segmentation fault
>%

I have seen the same problem here on a DECstation 3100 running 3.1/2.1, 3.1/2.2,
and 3.1d/2.2d.  I have emacs-18.55 compiled instead of the unsupported emacs
that DEC supplies, and it's compiled with the X-windowing support.  It doesn't
always happen, but it happens enough to annoy the owner/user of the 3100
(especially since she is a heavy emacs user).

Laurie Zirkle				lat at vtopus.cs.vt.edu
Computer Systems Engineer		lat at vtcs1.bitnet
VA Tech Computer Science Dept
Blacksburg, VA 24060			703-231-6370