Mouse sensitivity for DECWindows on a DS3100

Ross Garrett Cutler rgc at wam.umd.edu
Fri Jul 20 04:49:03 AEST 1990

Hello,
	We have a DS 3100 running Ultrix 3.1d and DECWindows.  I'm interested
in changing the senitivity of the mouse.  For example, if you move the
mouse 1" on the desk, and it moves 2" on the screen, can you change it
so that it moves only .5" on the screen?  I'm familiar with the
acceleration parameters with the mouse (via xset), but I see no mouse
scale factor.  I've called DEC about this, and after a week of investigation,
they say it's impossible!  Can this be true?  This seems like a fundamental
setting (even the MS mouse.com driver on the PC has it!).  Please help.
Ross.
--
Ross Cutler
University of Maryland, College Park