LAT monitor on ultrix

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Sun Jun 17 10:03:49 AEST 1990

In article <598 at tron.UUCP> carson at tron.bwi.wec.com (Dana Carson) writes:
> Does anybody have a program that will monitor what connections are being
> made by the LAT/telnet gateway.  Or a program that will log all outgoing
> telent connections.  We want to make sure that the gateways are in the
> right buildings.

I don't have a program, but the "lcp -p {/dev/tty..}" command does return
the server and port associated with an open lat connection.  You could
write a little shell script that does this for each lat device which is
activated from crontab periodically, then sort/sumarize the results.

The same information can apparently be obtained using the LIOCTTY ioctl()
call, but documentation seems sparse beyond for the corresponding data
structure in the /usr/include/sys/lta.h header file.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com