DECsystem 3100 at atrun batch problem

Daniel S. Riley riley at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Thu Jun 28 22:26:53 AEST 1990

In article <1818 at tkou02.enet.dec.com> diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com (diamond at tkovoa) writes:
>The problem is that jobs in the batch/at queue do not get executed.
>Even when we use "at" instead of "batch", they don't get executed.
>The "atrun" command is more like an "atnoop".

Sounds like you're missing the "atrun" entry in crontab.  Look at
/etc/crontab...there should be an entry something like

0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

If that's not there, then both at and batch will do nothing.

at works fine for me on our DECstation 3100's.  On the other hand, I just
tried batch and it doesn't seem to be doing anything (I did remember to
wait for atrun to run).

-Dan Riley (riley at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell  University