license restriction: a real pain

Jason Heirtzler jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Fri Jun 15 03:11:56 AEST 1990

When I installed a 16-user license on our DEC-3100 (Ultrix 3.1)
with /etc/install_upgrade(?), all goes well, and when the machine
reboots it says "16 user license", but the old 2-user license
is still being enforced..

Since it's the same /upgrade file on all of the DEC-3100s, and
some of them work fine, it's pretty odd.  A few machines cross
mount /usr and perhaps this is breaking things?

Now, before I ftp to uu.uu.net and just drop in the BSD telnetd
and rlogind, and say "to heck" with the whole silly license business,
can someone comment on what's going on with the license code to
cause this to happen?
Jason Heirtzler           (617) 353-2780       jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Information Technology    Boston University    ..!bu.edu!bu-pub!jdh