DECsystem 3100 at atrun batch problem

John W. Eaton jwe at ut-emx.UUCP
Thu Jun 28 07:08:14 AEST 1990

In article <439 at beguine.UUCP> tmorris at athena.sph.unc.edu
(Thomas P. Morris) writes:
: We have a DECsystem 3100 running Ultrix 3.1 (Rev. 14), and
: I've run into a problem with at, atrun, and batch.
:
: The atrun command is set up within /etc/crontab to be run every 5
: minutes. Perusing the accounting with the 'lastcomm' command shows
: that atrun is indeed being run every 5 minutes.

: Jobs submitted via the batch command do not appear to be getting
: released.  Load average on this machine [is small].

Take a look at the Ultrix version of the man page for at(1) and look
for the comments about the files /usr/lib/cron/at.{deny,allow}.

Apparently DEC wants you to be able control the use of this utility on
a user by user basis, with the default set so that only root has
access.

--
John Eaton
jwe at emx.utexas.edu