ultrix 4.0 and sendmail

dave barrett dbb at riscy.enet.dec.com
Thu Oct 18 13:43:57 AEST 1990

In article <9010171431.AA29730 at right.magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> jeffs at magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Schluep) writes:

>   We are currently installing two 5400's and something strange
> is happening with sendmail.  When mail is sent from one local
> user to another local user the unix from line says that the mail
> is from "daemon".  However, if a mail message is received from a
> non-local user the unix from line is fine.  We run the same
> sendmail.cf on a sun 280 and it works fine there.  We use $g to fill
> in the user part of the from line.  The regular from: line doesn't
> experience the problem.  Any ideas?  I'm not a novice sendmail
> hacker but I'm not quite an expert yet.
>
>                                  Jeff Schluep

Substitute the line in your sendmail.cf file that looks like this:

Mlocal,	P=/bin/mail, F=rlsDFmn, S=10, R=10, A=mail -d $u

with the following line:

Mlocal,	P=/bin/mail, F=lsDFmn, S=10, R=10, A=mail -r $f -d $u

Then kill your sendmail process, re-freeze your sendmail configuration
file with /usr/lib/sendmail -bz, and re-start sendmail.

	David Barrett
	New York ULTRIX Resource Center

	dbb at riscy.enet.dec.com
	..!decwrl!riscy.enet!dbb