SLIP for Ultrix

Mike Ewan mike at puffin.USS.TEK.COM
Sun Oct 28 03:01:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct26.183137.938 at uunet!unhd> chuck at chuck.unh.edu (Chuck Grasso) writes:

>I am looking for a version of slip that will run under ultrix 3.X and 4.0,
>can anyone direct me to a copy?

Install the ULXBASE400 subset (for Ultrix 4.0) and rebuild the kernel
with psuedo-device sl added to the config file.  From some comments in
this group I don't believe SLIP works in Ultrix 3.x, and I haven't
tried it myself.

Mike

 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike at raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!tektronix!puffin!raven!mike
 Tektronix, Inc.                  Compuserve:  73747,2304
"Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches/sec."--J. Hart