Perl test problems under Ultrix 4.0

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Wed Oct 24 21:33:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct23.190637.9412 at cimage.com> brian at cimage.com (Brian Kelley) writes:

> I've been trying to build perl patchlevel 37 under Ultrix 4.0 without success.
> This is on a System 5400.  The make goes fine, but 'make test' fails on tests
> 7 and 40.  Has anyone else experienced these problems or built perl under
> 4.0 (I've had no problems on our Suns using the same code)?

Ultrix hasn't traditionally been 100% perl clean, so having perl tests fail
doesn't neccessarily reflect installation problems, but rather Ultrix bugs
or perhaps legitimate (if wrong headed) differences in unix implementation.

Try compiling with optimization, and see if this helps.  Analyze the remaing
errors to find out what the Ultrix problems are, and either patch in workarounds
or file some SPR's.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com