Accounting shutting down?

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Tue Oct 23 23:48:42 AEST 1990

In article <2392 at kiwi.mpr.ca> parker at mprgate.mpr.ca (Ross Parker) writes:

> I have a periodic problem on a number of Microvaxes running Ultrix
> 3.1 and 2.3. It appears that the system accounting is shutting itself
> down for reasons other than disk space. The symptoms are as follows
> (seen one day on our Microvax-3600 running 3.1):

Are you getting the "accounting shutting down" messages on the console,
or does it just seem to stop recording?  Your disk space analysis seems
reaonsable.  If the problem is frequent, you my put something in crontab
the logs accout file size and free space on a periodic basis and see if
there's any pattern to this disease.
but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com