cc core dumping

Michel Fingerhut mf at ircam.ircam.fr
Mon Oct 22 04:58:44 AEST 1990

Jeff Russ: the type of problem you report (with cc dumping core erratically)
appears to me to be different from the one I reported (which is repeatable).
It reminds me of what we had when we ran the two processors of the 5820:
the file system went bezerk: access to files sometimes worked sometimes didn't,
their type (as returned with "file") changed from command to command -- it
was really crazy.

Fortunately DEC found the right solution to this one: they recommended not
using the second CPU and run monoprocessor until further notice.  You can
imagine my relief and pleasure, right?