Need help with "C" errors

Roger Masse roj at dodads.dco.dec.com
Thu Oct 4 01:15:00 AEST 1990

In article <22100017 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, kbesrl at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

|> I am trying to compile the fillowing piece of code (part of a larger file
from GNU distribution)
|> on RISC/Ultrix (DECstation 3100) and I get the following error.
|> CODE:
|> -----
|> Lisp_Object
|> FormatIntegerProperty(buff,count,format)
|>      VOID *buff;
|>      unsigned long count;
|>      int format;
|> {
|>   switch (format)
|>     {
|>     case 8 : return FormatInteger8Property((char *)buff,count);
|>     case 16 : return FormatInteger16Property((int16 *)buff,count);
|>     case 32 : return FormatInteger32Property((long *)buff,count);
|>     default : return Qnil;
|>     }
|> }
!> ERROR:
!> ------
!> ccom: Error: property.c, line 128: buff undefined

I don't know how or if you have VOID defined, but I changed VOID to void, and
it compiled fine.

Regards,

        Roger Masse'

        8301 Professional Place          Digital Equipment Corporation
        Landover, Maryland, 20785        Washington ULTRIX Resource Center
        Internet: roj at dco.dec.com        uucp: decvax!decuac!roj

        Disclaimer:  My opinions do not necessarily represent anything.