Need help with DS5000 ris install

Mike Ewan mike at raven.uss.tek.com
Wed Oct 17 01:38:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct15.190725.26484 at jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> dw at csri.toronto.edu (Dave Wortman) writes:
>I'm trying to use /etc/ris to network install Ultrix 4.0 on a new
>DS5000/200PX.  Network connection is via the optional thick ethernet
>adapter (no thin ether in these parts).
>[...]
>
>Conjecture is that the standalone vmunix doesn't understand the
>thick ethernet port and is trying to use the null terminated
>thin ethernet.  There doesn't appear to be any easy way to
>ifconfig the ports correctly.

You could try ifconfig'ing the port manually then restarting the
install by doing:
. /.profile

(I seem to remember needing to do this with the same kind of install
 on a VS2000.)

Mike
--
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike at raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!tektronix!puffin!raven!mike