PANIC: IO err in push

Roger Masse roj at dodads.dco.dec.com
Thu Oct 4 02:07:44 AEST 1990

In article <1046 at rna.UUCP>, dan at rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o) writes:

|> 	When running a large program on a MVAX II under Ultrix 3.0, I get
|> "panic: IO error in push" quite consistantly. What is the problem ?

!>> From: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins)
!>> The first guess is that you have bad spots lurking in your swap space.
!>> Check your console output and/or uerf(8)...

George's comments would agree with the kernel messages description of the
problem:
		IO err in push
		File: 		/sys/vm/vm_swp.c
		Routine:	swdone
		Problem:	A hard I/O error occurs as a page kluster
				is being transferred.

				The routine detected a hard I/O error had
				occurred as a page kluster was being
				transferred.  This error typically indicates
				a hardware problem.

Regards,

        Roger Masse'

        8301 Professional Place          Digital Equipment Corporation
        Landover, Maryland, 20785        Washington ULTRIX Resource Center
        Internet: roj at dco.dec.com        uucp: decvax!decuac!roj

        Disclaimer:  My opinions do not necessarily represent anything.