sendmail 5.64 or higher under Ultrix 4.0?

Bob Debula bobd at nisca.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Sat Sep 8 00:11:46 AEST 1990

We recently got two DEC 5400s and installed ultrix 4.0
on both.  Because we wanted to use a popular sendmail.cf
and since it failed using the default ultrix sendmail,
we installed sendmail 5.64 on ultrix 4.0.  Unfortunately,
while we can get everything to compile properly, and
seem to be able to send mail out fine, whenever we receive
mail, sendmail dumps.  Has anyone else out there (I'm 99%
certain someone has) been able to successfully install
sendmail 5.64 or higher on ultrix 4.0 (preferably on
a MIPS RISC machine)?  We already tried reinstalling
without optimization (since this and removing "volatile"
worked for PERL, we figured it was worth a shot).
Any ideas/experiences/war stories?  Anyone got a version
of "vacation" running under ultrix 4.0?  Thanks for
any pointers (or better yet anonymous ftp sites for
ultrix ported PD stuff) you may be able to give us.

Bob DeBula
The Ohio State University
Instruction & Research Computer Center