problems with ultrix 4.0 X servers on decstation 3100

Kurt Hoyt hoyt at laura.alf.dec.com
Tue Sep 25 01:21:14 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep23.171606.16370 at cs.umn.edu>, luke at umnstat.uucp (Luke Tierney)
writes:
|> From: luke at umnstat.uucp (Luke Tierney)
|> We recently installed ULTRIX 4.0 and the 4.01 upgrade on a Decstation
|> 3100 and ran into two problems that may be bugs in the X rervers. The
[stuff deleted]
|> Luke Tierney
|> luke at umnstat.stat.umn.edu
[more stuff deleted]
|> BUG2
|> ====
|>
|> Freeing a color allocated with XAllocColor or XAllocNamedColor
|> produces an error. The program freecolorbug exercises this. The
|> problem does not occur on an MIT R4 server running on a sun 3/50. I
|> think it also does not occur in ULTRIX 3.x servers.
[code deleted]

I ran this program on a DECstation 3100 with ULTRIX 4.0 (and the mandatory
patches) using Xcfb. Repeatedly running freecolorbug resulted in the message
"No Error" each time. Do we have differing environments of some kind?

--
Kurt in Atlanta         | "A Swiss court has ruled that cowbells are a
hoyt at decatl.alf.dec.com | form of noise pollution and cows must be