58n0

Michel Fingerhut mf at ircam.ircam.fr
Sun Sep 30 22:33:50 AEST 1990

Since "DEC" is listening to this group, and sometimes even responding,
what about a response about this very serious problem (58n0 under
Ultrix 4.0)?  I.e.:

1.  What are the problems as known to DEC today (so that we're less
    pissed off when we encounter them).  That would be *some* help.
    I am rather upset that the local support tells me, when I call them
    with this problem "oh yeah we knew this from the start, why don't
    you just turn all but one CPUs off until further notice...".  If
    they knew it from the start, don't send us 4.0 or warn us.

2.  What they do or intend to do in order to solve them (other than
    suggesting we buy another machine and/or go to another vendor, as
    has already been suggested here).

Michael Fingerhut