SCSI Q-Bus controller for DECsystem 5400 with DEC RZ57

Allen Leibowitz allen at kwan.det.dec.com
Thu Sep 20 03:36:08 AEST 1990

In article <2160 at wheaton.UUCP>, stefan at wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) writes:
> The controller card they (Digital Basics) have been pushing is the CMD
> Technology CMD220/TM (dual disk/tape controller).  The second I put it in the
> 5400, the green LED (all OK) and the red LED (not all OK) both light up and
> Ultrix does not see the controller when identifying controllers and
devices at
> boot time.
>
> On a related theme, anybody know of _WORKING_ 4mm tape solutions for
the 5400?
> If not, what's your favorite 8mm solution?

We are using the CMD controller on our 5400, using the WangDAT drive also
from Digital Basics.  Works fine.

The CMD controller makes the tape look like a TMSCP device.  Haven't tried
it with a disk yet, though.  The system is 3.1.  The people at Digital
Basics are very helpful, have you tried calling them?

I don't have the switch settings for the board off hand, here is the
entry from the config file:

 controller      klesiu1    at uba0
 controller      uq17       at klesiu1   csr 0160404  vector uqintr
 tape            tms1       at uq17      drive 0