VMS/ULTRIX CONNECT

Jarmo Vaisanen vaisanen at joyds2.joensuu.fi
Tue Sep 11 23:59:08 AEST 1990

IIn article <3903.26ebda46 at wums2.wustl.edu>, fineberg at wums2.wustl.edu writes:

> Any suggestions as to why it won't work for me?  Also any suggestions as to
> how to remove it from my table?  When I do I get this response:
>
> WUMS2$ ucx
> UCX> set noroute /addr=0
>
> Type           Destination                           Gateway
>
> N   * 0.0.0.0                                                ncrc_ms
> Remove? [N]:y
> %UCX-E-ROUTEERROR, Error processing ROUTE request
> -UCX-E-INVADR, Invalid Internet address:
> UCX>  Exit
> WUMS2$

Funny - I just tried it!
----------------------- From actual display printout --------------------------
UCX> sh route

Type           Destination                           Gateway

NA    128.214.14.0                          128.214.14.1
N     0.0.0.0                               PERSIKKA-GW
UCX> set noroute /address=0

Type           Destination                           Gateway

N   * 0.0.0.0                               128.214.14.100   PERSIKKA-GW
Remove? [N]:y
UCX> sh route

Type           Destination                           Gateway

NA    128.214.14.0                          128.214.14.1
The only difference I can see is  that Your gateway ncrc_ms didn't seem
to have IP-
address.  Maybe that's the problem.

(I don't actually like the binary database idea in VMS - because it
sometimes crashes
and You can't just try to fix it with vi :-)

Hope this helps

Jarmo Vaisanen
University of Joensuu, Computer Centre
PO Box 111, 80101 Joensuu, Finland