Does your /usr/bin/csh grow and die under Ultrix 3.1C?

James Brister brister at decwrl.dec.com
Fri Sep 14 01:55:05 AEST 1990

On 13 Sep 90 14:37:16 GMT, root at watcgl.uwaterloo.ca (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) said:

> Every now and then someone's csh loops, eats all the memory on the machine,
> and dies.  This most often happens when logging in, when the .cshrc/.login
> is being processed.  Anyone else seen this?  DS5400, Ultrix 3.1C.

Check for echoing of control characters in your .login and/or .cshrc. I
made an aliases that echoed a control character string to set the window
title. When I ran the aliases csh did just what you described.

James

--
James Brister                                           brister at decwrl.dec.com
DEC Western Software Lab., Palo Alto, California.         .....!decwrl!brister