VMS/ULTRIX CONNECT

fineberg at wums2.wustl.edu fineberg at wums2.wustl.edu
Tue Sep 11 09:24:06 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep6.141311.28189 at ujocs.joensuu.fi>, vaisanen at joyds2.joensuu.fi (Jarmo Vaisanen) writes:
>> 2) I don't see how you add a default gateway to the routing
>>    tables.  Is there a way to do that?  If not, I will have
>>    to issue a "SET ROUTE" command for every network in existence.
>>

> This is even decumented in version 1.2 - We got software before
> documentation, so
> I had to look it up in Netnews.
>
> $ SET ROUTE /ADDRESS=0.0 /GATEWAY=DEFGATE /NETWORK
>
> where DEFGATE must be already defined host.
> (Although I remember that I used /ADDRESS=0.0.0.0 - those two must be
> equivalent)
>

> Yours,

Any suggestions as to why it won't work for me?  Also any suggestions as to
how to remove it from my table?  When I do I get this response:

WUMS2$ ucx
UCX> set noroute /addr=0

Type           Destination                           Gateway

N   * 0.0.0.0                                                ncrc_ms
Remove? [N]:y
%UCX-E-ROUTEERROR, Error processing ROUTE request
-UCX-E-INVADR, Invalid Internet address:
UCX>  Exit
WUMS2$

And one more random thing.  For some reason, after 10 people have used
telnet to my system, no more telnet access is allowed.  I have only been
able to "fix" it by stopping and restarting the network software.
	Charlie
--
Charlie Fineberg	Biochemistry Dept., Wash. U. Sch. of Medicine (WUMS)
Box 8231, 4566 Scott Ave.		  BITNET: FINEBERG at WUMS
St. Louis, MO 63110			internet: fineberg at wums2.wustl.edu
"The younger Mr. Popplewick is not permitted to expect anybody" - Mr. Popplewick