Ultrix versions / X-fonts

oberman at rogue.llnl.gov oberman at rogue.llnl.gov
Tue Sep 18 03:03:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep16.163546.21839 at kth.se>, perand at admin.kth.se (Per Andersson) writes:

> I have two problems. The first is that I don't understand how Ultrix is
> numbered. Everybody is talking about V4.0 - but it seems to be VAX only.
> So what is it on the risc machine, and how does both relate to what seems
> to be called 'workstation software'. I would like to get the Athena stuff
> for a decstation 3100 to begin with.

No, V4.0 is for both VAX and RISC boxes. They are different versions, but both
are out and I have my DECstations running V4.0 right now.

The numbering was VERY confused. UWS V2.2 was Ultrix 3.1. Huh? But...

It looks like the numbers have now been linked and V4.0 covers everything. My
tapes are labeled "AQ-PBJRB-BE Ultrix/UWS v4.0 (RISC)". V4.0 includes Kerberos
and maybe Hesiod (sp?). Kerbreos is fully supported. I think that the Xlib is
still at X11R3.

					R. Kevin Oberman
					Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
					Internet: oberman at icdc.llnl.gov
   					(415) 422-6955

Disclaimer: Don't take this too seriously. I just like to improve my typing
and probably don't really know anything useful about anything.